• This 16-foot “Comfort Craft” courting canoe was built by the Peterborough Canoe Company in 1904. Also known as the “Girling Canoe,” it came equipped with lockers under the side decks for a phonograph and records. The front seat faced the stern of the canoe.

"Girling Canoe"

From Canoes: A Natural History in North America by Mark Neuzil and Norman Sims

  • History
  • Cultural Studies
  • Regional Studies
  • Literature
  • Native American Studies
  • 1904
Related Section
Content Type
Citable Link
Copyright Holder
Copyright Status
Rights Granted
  • non-exclusive, world-wide, perpetual
Credit Line
  • Photograph by Michael Cullen, courtesy of the Canadian Canoe Museum.
Holding Contact
  • Canadian Canoe Museum
  • 10
File Format
  • jpeg (JPEG image data, Exif standard: [TIFF image data, little-endian, direntries=14, height=2048, bps=182, compression=none, PhotometricIntepretation=RGB, orientation=upper-left, width=3072], Exchangeable Image File Format)
File Size
  • 6.32 MB
  • 2918
  • 1946
Mime Type
  • image/jpeg
Last Modified
  • 2016-10-27T14:28:24Z
Original Checksum
  • b41ba8a895cfda08d5c58eb168c37731