Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Consideraciones acerca del origen y la naturaleza de la ciudad planificada en las colonias griegas de OccidenteJosé Luis Menéndez Varela 2003 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
An extensive study of city planning in the Greek Archaic colonies (Sicily and Southern Italy) from Hippodamus and beyond. The author sets out to consider the legacy of the great planner and those projects he may have contributed to. The first section of the work focuses on 12 specific sites (Syracuse, Metapontum, Selinus, Neapolis, etc.), while the second section traces the developmental features of the characteristic grid pattern of the planned city, taking into account the social, economic, and political aspects that evolved. The detailed bibliography includes sub-sections arranged by site.
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- BAR pre-2020
- 9781407325019 (ebook)
- 9781841714820 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Classical and Hellenistic
- Identity / Gender / Childhood / Ethnicity / Romanization
- Agriculture / Farming / Husbandry / Land-use / Irrigation
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Greece, Aegean, Crete and Black Sea
- Epigraphy / Ancient and Medieval Texts / Papyri
- Trade / Exchange / Travel / Economy
- Citable Link
5 views since February 28, 2020