Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Raising the Eyebrow: John Onians and World Art Studies: An Album Amicorum in His HonourLauren Golden 2001 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
A lavish festschrift to John Onians with contributions by 28 distinguished academics. Any summary as to the direction of these contributions is, perhaps, best left to Martin Kemp and his affectionate preface, "Above all, he (John Onians) reminds us of the researchers', writers' and teachers' true mission, that is the need to be radical in both asking and answering questions, and above all for the historian of visual things to be instinctively radical in every act of looking."
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- BAR pre-2020
- 9781841712772 (paperback)
- 9781407353494 (ebook)
- BAR Number
- Rock-Art / Semiotics
- Migration Period, Early Medieval and Medieval
- History of Archaeology
- Western Europe and Britain
- Art / Sculpture / Gems / Seals
- Early Modern and Modern
- Epigraphy / Ancient and Medieval Texts / Papyri
- Prehistory (general titles only)
- Festschrifte / Presentation Volumes
- Citable Link
17 views since February 28, 2020