Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Fire, Light and Light Equipment in the Graeco-Roman WorldDenis Zhuravlev 2002 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
Despite many investigations in this area, ancient lamps and lighting techniques continue to fascinate. This present work includes articles from Russia, Switzerland, and Ukraine and tackles contextual problems, possible new classifications, iconography, and related lighting equipment. One chapter is devoted to the role of fire in a Late Skythian royal palace, and others explore the North Pontic area, which is relatively unknown.
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- BAR pre-2020
- 9781407324012 (ebook)
- 9781841714004 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Classical and Hellenistic
- Levant / Near East
- Craft working (general titles, bone, glass, textiles, etc.)
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Art / Sculpture / Gems / Seals
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Death / Burial / Cemeteries / Tombs
- Trade / Exchange / Travel / Economy
- Late Antiquity and Byzantium
- Greece, Aegean, Crete and Black Sea
- Citable Link
17 views since February 28, 2020