Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Recent Archaeological Research on the Isle of ManP.J. Davey 1999 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
This volume is the first of its kind since Man and the Environment in the Isle of Man in 1978 and stems from a seminar held in January 1998 where many of the papers published here were read. The publication contains twenty-eight papers on a wide range of sites and subjects, from the Manx Early Mesolithic to nineteenth century tobacco pipe works in Douglas as well as aerial photography, radiocarbon dates of the island and recent archaeological accessions to the Manx Museum. This book will stand as the basic work of reference for the island's archaeology for many years.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR British Series pre-2020
- 9780860549468 (paperback)
- 9781407319094 (ebook)
- BAR Number
- Remote Sensing and Aerial Photography
- Excavation / Fieldwork / Survey
- Christianity / Churches / Monastic
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- British Isles
- Agriculture / Farming / Husbandry / Land-use / Irrigation
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Death / Burial / Cemeteries / Tombs
- Metallurgy / Mining
- Trade / Exchange / Travel / Economy
- Ethnoarchaeology / Anthropology
- Citable Link
44 views since February 28, 2020