Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
The East European Plain on the Eve of AgriculturePavel M. Dolukhanov, Graeme R. Sarson and Anvar M. Shukurov 2009 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
This volume deals with the prehistoric human groups and their environments that occurred during the early and middle Holocene (roughly 10 – 6 thousand years before present) in a huge segment of the Eurasian continent forming the East European Plain, which predated the early manifestations of food-producing economies: agriculture and stock-rearing. In archaeological terms widely accepted in the West, this period corresponds to the Mesolithic, panoply of hunter-gathering communities that evolved in the aftermath of the Last Ice Age.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407334813 (ebook)
- 9781407304472 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Neolithic / Chalcolithic
- Festschrifte / Presentation Volumes
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Archaeometry / Scientific Dating
- Palaeolithic / Mesolithic
- Agriculture / Farming / Husbandry / Land-use / Irrigation
- Computing and Quantitative Methods
- Archaeobotany / Environment and Climate
- Excavation / Fieldwork / Survey
- Citable Link
17 views since October 14, 2019