Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
The Street Porter and the Philosopher: Conversations on Analytical EgalitarianismSandra J. Peart and David M. Levy, editors 2008
"The analytical egalitarianism project that Peart and Levy have advanced has come to occupy a prominent place in the current agenda of historians of economic thought."
---Ross Emmett, Associate Professor of Economics and Co-Director of the Michigan Center for Innovation and Economic Prosperity, Michigan State University
"These essays and dialogs from the Summer Institute would make Adam Smith, economist and moral philosopher, proud."
---J. Daniel Hammond, Hultquist Family Professor of Economics, Wake Forest University
With essays by:
- James M. Buchanan, Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences recipient (1985) and Professor Emeritus, George Mason University and Virginia Polytechnic and State University
- Juan Pablo Couyoumdijian, Universidad del Desearrollo, Chile
- Tyler Cowen, George Mason University
- Eric Crampton, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Andrew Farrant, Dickinson College
- Samuel Hollander, Professor Emeritus, University of Toronto
- M. Ali Khan, Johns Hopkins University
- Thomas Leonard, Princeton University
- Deirdre McCloskey, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Leonidas Montes, Dean of School of Government, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Chile
- Maria Pia Paganelli, Yeshiva University and New York University
- Warren J. Samuels, Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University
- Eric Schliesser, VENI post-doctoral research fellow, Leiden University, and University of Amsterdam
- Gordon Tullock, George Mason University
Sandra J. Peart is Dean of the Jepson School of Leadership Studies, University of Richmond, Virginia.
David M. Levy is Professor of Economics at George Mason University (GMU) and Research Associate at the Center for Study of Public Choice at GMU.
They are Co-Directors of George Mason University's Summer Institute for the Preservation of the History of Economics.