Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Argos Paléochrétienne: Contribution à l'étude du Péloponnèse ByzantinAnastasia Oikonomou-Laniado 2003 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
This volume represents a detailed study of the important town of Argos in the Peloponnese during Byzantine phases (4th-7th centuries AD). An introduction covers landscape and contextual history. Chapter one explores the major sites of the town (Agora, monuments, fortifications, aqueducts). Chapter two deals with ecclesiastical architecture. Chapter three investigates the cemeteries, while chapter four reviews their ceramic finds (and includes a catalogue) and chapter five details the inscriptions. Chapter six focuses on civil infrasture, domestic, and trade features.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781841715414 (paperback)
- 9781407325798 (ebook)
- BAR Number
- Death / Burial / Cemeteries / Tombs
- Art / Sculpture / Gems / Seals
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Late Antiquity and Byzantium
- Christianity / Churches / Monastic
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Ritual / Religion / Temples
- Epigraphy / Ancient and Medieval Texts / Papyri
- Greece, Aegean, Crete and Black Sea
- Citable Link
10 views since February 28, 2020