Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Shells in Aegean PrehistoryLilian Karali 1999 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
The purpose of this book is to help the archaeologists in obtaining proper information on shells and their utilisation. The subject has been divided into chapters on history of malacological research, on shells as archaeological material and as part of the palaeoenvironment, as well as on different uses of molluscs (fishing, nutrition, tools, ornaments, etc). The last chapter summarises various interpretations of shells found in the Aegean area from the Palaeolithic to the Late Bronze Age.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407350851 (ebook)
- 9780860549666 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Art / Sculpture / Gems / Seals
- Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Archaeozoology / Bioarchaeology / Osteoarchaeology
- Neolithic / Chalcolithic
- Archaeobotany / Environment and Climate
- Greece, Aegean, Crete and Black Sea
- Dress / Jewellery / Personal Ornament
- Archaeometry / Scientific Dating
- Food and Drink / Diet
- Epigraphy / Ancient and Medieval Texts / Papyri
- Citable Link
7 views since February 28, 2020