Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
The People Before: The geology, paleoecology and archaeology of Adak Island, AlaskaDixie West, Virginia Hatfield, Elizabeth Wilmerding, Christine Lefèvre and Lyn Gualtieri 2012 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
From the Introduction: 'North Adak Island is a dichotomy of brute, natural beauty and a horrific example of what modern humans and war can do to a landscape. The island also contains what up until now has been largely untapped scientific data about the peoples who inhabited the island centuries prior to historic contact. The following scientific papers document the three-year effort to recover, analyse, and present that information to the Native American and scientific communities.'
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407338866 (ebook)
- 9781407309057 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Identity / Gender / Childhood / Ethnicity / Romanization
- Craft working (general titles, bone, glass, textiles, etc.)
- North America
- Early Modern and Modern
- Hunter-Gatherers / Hunting
- Food and Drink / Diet
- Prehistory (general titles only)
- Archaeozoology / Bioarchaeology / Osteoarchaeology
- Archaeobotany / Environment and Climate
- Ethnoarchaeology / Anthropology
- Citable Link
16 views since February 28, 2020