Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Economy and Cultural Change in the Pre-Roman Iron Age in Northern Central Europe: Tracing the La Tène factor by the River OderJoanna Ewa Markiewicz 2019 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
Settlement evidence has long been an under-studied category of finds in examining the cultural changes which occurred in northern central Europe in the final centuries BC. These changes have been widely associated with the process of latènisation which affected most of the communities in the North European Plain in the Iron Age. This book addresses the central question of the mechanism and agency behind these changes, by examining material culture patterns. The study uses data from 89 systematically selected settlement sites located in the Oder River area, including places of production. The data is contextualised against the evidence from other central and northern European sites of similar chronology and against other categories of finds from the study area. The book also contains systematic catalogues of the examined sites, of their buildings, and of settlement features of other kinds.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407355825 (ebook)
- 9781407316833 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Identity / Gender / Childhood / Ethnicity / Romanization
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Craft working (general titles, bone, glass, textiles, etc.)
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Prehistory (general titles only)
- Agriculture / Farming / Husbandry / Land-use / Irrigation
- Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Citable Link
11 views since February 28, 2020