Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Christianity in Roman Pannonia: An evaluation of Early Christian finds and sites from HungaryDorottya Gáspár 2002 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
The first five centuries of Christian pre-eminence in what is now modern Hungary present their own special questions. Among them, did the end of the 5th century mean a real break in the whole of the Christian world or only in Pannonia (modern Hungary), or should a chronological boundary be drawn at some other date? This survey divides the period into two, before and after Constantine (ancient and early Christianity), and, from the evidence of the finds, explores the important changes that occurred in the era. The results throw considerable light on the populations of the various faiths and the gradual acknowledgment of the Christian religion.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407323923 (ebook)
- 9781841712888 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Catalogues / Collections / Indexes / Bibliographies
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Migration Period, Early Medieval and Medieval
- Christianity / Churches / Monastic
- Death / Burial / Cemeteries / Tombs
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Late Antiquity and Byzantium
- Craft working (general titles, bone, glass, textiles, etc.)
- Metal Objects
- Citable Link