Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
'The Missing Period': Middle Bronze Age Lake-Dwellings in the AlpsFrancesco Menotti 2001 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
A much-discussed topic in the studies of Alpine region lake-dwellings is their chronology and continuity. This study includes an analysis of the MBA occupational hiatus, its likely causes, and where the lake-dwellers might have moved. Environmental and cultural factors are considered, and the analysis centres on lake-level fluctuations around present-day Lakes Zurich and Constance between the 15th and 12th centuries BC.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR International Series pre-2020
- 9781407353180 (ebook)
- 9781841712550 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Archaeometry / Scientific Dating
- Remote Sensing and Aerial Photography
- Agriculture / Farming / Husbandry / Land-use / Irrigation
- Western Europe and Britain
- Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Archaeobotany / Environment and Climate
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Citable Link
22 views since February 28, 2020