Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
Great Witcombe Roman Villa, Gloucestershire: A report on excavations by Ernest Greenfield, 1960-1973Peter Leach, Lynne Bevan and Trevor Pearson 2016 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
The basis of this book are excavations undertaken by Ernest Greenfield at the site of a Roman villa at Great Witcombe. The excavations and the finds are presented in detail. It is suggested that the villa belonged to the descendants of a veteran, settled on an estate established here at the foundation of the colonia at Gloucester. This book is published in association with English Heritage.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR British Series pre-2020
- 9780860548799 (paperback)
- 9781407318967 (ebook)
- BAR Number
- Craft working (general titles, bone, glass, textiles, etc.)
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Metal Objects
- Excavation / Fieldwork / Survey
- Architecture / Domestic and Urban Buildings and Space / Urbanism
- Dress / Jewellery / Personal Ornament
- British Isles
- Archaeozoology / Bioarchaeology / Osteoarchaeology
- Citable Link
75 views since October 14, 2019