Share the story of what Open Access means to you
University of Michigan needs your feedback to better understand how readers are using openly available ebooks. You can help by taking a short, privacy-friendly survey.
The Excavation of a Late Prehistoric and Romano-British Settlement at Thornwell Farm, Chepstow, Gwent, 1992Gwilym Hughes 1996 © BAR Publishing
You do not have access to this book. How to get access.
A report on the excavation of this multiperiod settlement which was undertaken prior to the development of the land into a residential housing estate. Evidence of prehistoric presence was found in the form of flints, sherds and a possible Iron Age structure: the Romano-British material is more extensive. Contains articles on the smallfinds and specialist reports on skeletal and environmental remains and the radiocarbon dates. The fieldwork was undertaken by Birmingham University Field Archaeology Unit.
- BAR pre-2020
- BAR British Series pre-2020
- 9781407318714 (ebook)
- 9780860548119 (paperback)
- BAR Number
- Archaeometry / Scientific Dating
- Excavation / Fieldwork / Survey
- Ceramics and Pottery Studies
- Lithics / Stone Tools
- Neolithic / Chalcolithic
- Palaeolithic / Mesolithic
- Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Metal Objects
- Archaeobotany / Environment and Climate
- British Isles
- Western Europe and Britain
- Archaeozoology / Bioarchaeology / Osteoarchaeology
- Citable Link